This is a recipe that when I first heard, I thought- nope! I just didn’t see at first how the two could go together, but actually, then the more I did think about it and tried to understand the recipe, I realised how delicious this dish could be, but I still underestimated quite how delicious this dish is!
Give it a go and thank me later.
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 2-4)
500g Butternut Squash (about the top half of a squash), diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp of Double Cream
100g of Chorizo, chopped
100g Bacon Lardons
50g grated Parmesan
Pasta- you choose how much!
1) Roast the butternut squash and garlic in a little oil for about 30 mins or until golden
2) When cooked, either whizz 3/4 of the squash and garlic in a food blender or mash with a potato ricer to get nice and fine and add the cream.
3) Fry off the bacon lardons to render down some of the fat then add the chorizo and fry until crispy
4) Cook the pasta now as we’re getting to the final stages, then drain.
5) Whisk the eggs and parmesan together and add to the squash puree. Add the chorizo and bacon then put back in the pan with the drained pasta with a little bit of reserved pasta water to make the sauce glossy.
6) Serve with the remaining diced squash and enjoy. Seriously enjoy!